Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My Apartment is a STAR


Ok, so I think I am getting the hang of this bad boy! As promised Nancy, I have started this post with a photo taken from my window. It may look like a paparazzi shot, but I swear I was only a few feet away, and while I am not expecting a christmas card this year from the lovely Ms Davis, I did get to say hello to her. All the folks on the set of the show said that she was stealing every scene. I guess we will have to wait (here in Oz) for the show to be screened in December to see for ourselves. I was politely asked by the crew to get out of my gawking position so that they could film through the window these shots were taken from. I obliged so that my little apartment by the river could finally have her own shot at stardom. Alas, I was not asked to take a leading role myself. Nevermind. My day will come. Oh Yes. My day will come.

5 comments:

nancyshack said...

Yes I can see the flower!! Welcome to Blogsville. Now, in your settings somewhere is a place where you can control who can comment. I think at the moment only Blogspot members can comment. So if you set it so that anyone can comment we should see Gwen here any day now.

Kudos on the Judt shot - I might change my name to Judy...she will be mine..Oh yes...she WILL be mine.

..was that a little creepy?

nancyshack said...

ahhh!!! I mean JudY...dY!!! Sorry Judes.

Anonymous said...

I am so out of the loop. What has been happening in your circle lately Maherster ? How come the Jude was over ? Why is your flat in a filim ? I can see the flower too. Lovely. Who the heck were the other people commenting previous ? Nancy, only a slight touch of creepiness cause I've got no crappin idea what ewes are talkin bout.

Phyllis said...

Well Gwen, firstly I have no idea who those other commenters were on the last post. And secondlyist, a new TV show starring Debra Messing and Judy Davis was filmed in the apartment next to mine during the week of Oz Day. I cannot begin to imagine how you didn't know (obviously my fault of course) but I was literally stopping strangers on the street to tell them about what was happening, because, by association it meant that I was famous. I took quite a few shots before they shooed me away from my own window, inside my own home. Of course things being the way they are, I managed to score a Myer voucher and a bottle of wine for the effort it would take me to sit elsewhere and stop distracting the talent.
Anyway Gwen, I am just so delighted that you found your way into my little corner of cyberspace. And again, thanks to Nancy for the directions.

Anonymous said...

I too can see your flower and I must say, what a pretty flower! Do you show it off often? No idea if this will show on your blog but what the hey! it's worth a shot.